(ST. JOSEPH, Mo) The Sound of Speed air show at Rosecrans Airport wrapped up Sunday.
Among the featured performers, included an appearance by the US Navy Blue Angels. Officials say they saw a record-breaking 40,000 plus people at Saturday's show. Organizers say they were happy to share the event with so many people.
"We're really glad to have everybody out here, we hope they enjoy the show it's been [in the works for] two years, we're glad that it's here, and we're doing our best to put on a great show for this area." said Owen Compton, an organizer behind the show.
Those behind the event say around 20,000 people were in attendance at Sunday's show.
- Record breaking attendance numbers at air show
- Navy veterans among thousands attending air show
- Record Number of Holiday Travelers Expected
- Sertoma Turkey Trot Breaks Record with Over 800 Participants
- Ridiculously cold temps in the Northeast break records
- Super Science Saturday brings in record breaking crowd
- WATCH: Footage of Record-Breaking Flooding in St. Joseph
- First weekend of Chiefs Training Camp brings record-breaking crowds
- Couple reveals gender of baby at air show
- Dozens treated at air show for heat-related illnesses