While you're out doing your holiday shopping, consider picking up an extra pair of socks for a veteran in need.
The American Red Cross will be hosting a sundry drive to benefit service men and women in the Cameron and Fort Leavenworth Veterans Homes.
Angie Springs, Executive Director of the American Red Cross of Northwest Missouri, said this is a simple way for the community to support local veterans during the holidays.
“One of the main areas the American Red Cross focuses on is service to our armed forces. We are congressionally chartered to not only provide disaster relief during times of disaster, but also to serve as a conduit between service members and their families, both in times of deployment and after their time with the military,” Springs said.
Toiletries, gift cards and clothing will be accepted through December 15. Donations can be dropped off between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at the Manager's Office at East Hills Shopping Center; The American Red Cross, 401 N. 12th Street St. Joseph, MO; and at two of the Farmers State Bank locations in St. Joseph at 2211 N. Belt Hwy, and in Cameron at 124 East 3rd Street.
- Red Cross Supports Local Veterans
- Local Red Cross Volunteer Deploys to California
- Red Cross in Search of Local Heroes
- Local Red Cross Chapter Responds to California Wildfires
- Red Cross Hosting Blood Drive Today
- American Red Cross offers CPR training
- Red Cross in need of blood donations
- Red Cross provides emergency shelter during snow storm
- Red Cross assists over 20 people after Brittany Village fire
- American Red Cross preparing to help communities hit by flooding