(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The American Red Cross announced Sunday that will be closing the shelters in St. Joseph and Troy, Kansas by the end of the day, while keeping the shelter open in Mound City.
The closures are due to flood waters receding and the need for help changing.
The shelter at Mound City Christian Church will remain open to meet the needs of those impacted in that area.
People who would like to help those affected by these floods can make donations by visiting their website, calling 1-800-RED CROSS, or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Red Cross closing St. Joseph, Troy shelters; Mound City to remain open
- Red Cross closing Mound City shelter as flood waters recede
- Mound City opens temporary shelter for people in need
- St. Joseph Animal Shelter opens mobile station
- Shelter opens in St. Joseph, city's operation center monitoring situation
- Crossing campus homeless shelter opens
- St. Joseph Red Cross volunteer helping out with Dorian efforts
- New St. Joseph Animal Shelter Proposal Explained
- New St. Joseph Orscheln opens
- FEMA disaster recovery center to open in Mound City Friday