(MLB) The Kansas City Royals fan-favorite third baseman may be making a return to Kauffman Stadium.
According to MLB reporter Jeffrey Flanagan, Mike Moustakas has agreed to a one-year deal with a mutual second-year option with the Royals.
The deal that was first reported by Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan, guarantees him $6.5 million and can max out at $22.7 million.
Royals general manager Dayton Moore made it clear in recent weeks that the club still had interest in Moustakas, but did not want to sign any multi-year deals as they continue through a rebuilding process.
Moustakas became a free agent along with Eric Hosmer and Lorenzo Cain at the end of the 2017 season.
Hosmer signed with the San Diego Padres while Cain made his way back to the Milwaukee Brewers.
Last week, Moustakas posted on social media the birth of his son Michael Carter Moustakas.
Moustakas set a new Royals record in 2017 with 38 home runs with a batting average of .272.
- Reports Say "Moose" May be Returning to the "K"
- K-State's Brown Stays For Senior Season
- K-JO Prepares for Black Friday with the Toyland Express
- Winter Weather Returns Friday
- Spring Returns This Workweek
- Rain returns on Wednesday
- Sunshine returns on Tuesday
- The Sunshine Returns for Tuesday
- The Sunshine Returns for Thursday
- The Heat Returns This Week