(MANHATTAN, Kan.)— The Kansas State University's official Twitter account said there were reports of shots fired on campus Thursday morning, but just before noon, officials said the scene was safe and no injuries were reported.
According to the Twitter account, the reports of shots fired took place at the K-State Foundation Building on the corner of Kimball and Dennison Avenues just after 11 a.m. Thursday morning.
The original tweet also said there were officers on the scene and people are still being asked to avoid the scene to allow officers to investigate the incident.
- UPDATE: Kansas State officials say scene safe, no injuries after reports of shots fired
- UPDATE: Missing Kansas teen found safe
- No injuries reported after shots fired at mobile home
- No injuries after shots fired at apartments Saturday night
- Early morning fire destroys home, no injuries reported
- Update: Missing girl found safe
- Injuries reported in accident on Highway 33
- Updated: Man shot in midtown
- Atchsion, Kansas boil advisory rescinded
- Central's Schenk Signs to Kansas State's Rowing Team