(ELWOOD, Kan.) A northeast Kansas was school was put on lockdown Thursday while police searched for a burglary suspect.
Riverside USD Superintendent Robert Blair said the campus in Elwood was placed on lockdown for about 20 minutes Thursday morning.
Blair said the school was on lockdown while police searched for a burglary suspect in the vicinity.
Blair said no students were ever in danger and the suspect was taken into custody a short time later.
- Riverside School in Elwood locked down during search for burglary suspect
- Elwood residents return home
- Elwood Police searching for two men after hitting police car
- Riverside High School Takes Precautions After Rumored Threat
- Riverside School District makes push for new levy
- Improvements Coming to Elwood Intersection
- Elwood senior center to close
- Emergency preparations continue in Elwood
- Voters pass Riverside USD 114 levy proposal
- Flooding closes a stretch of Riverside Road