(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Riverwalk Trail in St. Joseph has been closed due to flooding.
According to a statement by the St. Joseph Parks, Recreation, and Civic Facilities department, levels on the Missouri River will be monitored and the trail will reopen when the water recedes.
You are urged to avoid the area.
As of Tuesday morning, the Missouri River is at 21.3 feet and is expected to rise to near 25.8 feet by Thursday morning. Flood stage is at 17 feet.
There is no word on when the trail will reopen.
- Riverwalk Trail closed due to flooding
- City closes Riverwalk Trail due to high water levels
- US 36 Closed Due to Hog Spill
- CLOSINGS: Check Full List of Closings Due to Winter Weather
- North Belt Walmart Closed for Hours Due to Power Outage
- St. Joseph Kmart closing early Sunday due to snow storm
- Trail for Sydney Jones Postponed
- St. Joseph celebrates Trails West
- Property Tax Payments Due
- Dangers of Flash Flooding