(USA TODAY) After being offered a similar deal from the San Diego Padres, the Kansas City Royals have now countered with a franchise-record deal.
Eric Hosmer has reportedly been offered a $147 million, seven-year offer.
The Padres have also offered Hosmer a seven-year, $140 million contract.
Negotiations are still ongoing.
- Royals Offer All-Star First Baseman $147 Million Deal
- Royals All-Star First Baseman Reportedly Heading to San Diego
- Royals Trio Decline Qualifying Offers
- Royals Sign Young Japanese Star Pitcher
- Royals Release 2018 Schedule
- Royals Postpone Sunday’s Game
- Royals Heat Up Kauffman Stadium
- Roster Moves For The Royals
- Royals sign 1st round pick
- Royals Sign Outfielder to One-Year Deal; Place Pitcher on Disabled List