The Kansas City Royals Sunday announced the signing of Japanese 16-year old pitcher Kaito Yuki.
The Osaka, Japan native just completed his junior high season in May and chose to sign a professional contract with the Royals over attending high school. Yuki, is a 6-2, 170 lb. right-handed pitcher who was born on May 12, 2002.
Yuki went on to say "I wanted to play in the United States as soon as possible, rather than playing high school ball at Koshien Stadium (in Japan's iconic national championship)."
The Signing took place in Yuki's hometwon of Osaka Japan. Kaito Yukiwill begin his professional career next season.
- Royals Sign Young Japanese Star Pitcher
- Royals Pitcher Pleads Guilty to DUI
- Royals Sign Outfielder to One-Year Deal; Place Pitcher on Disabled List
- Royals sign 1st round pick
- Royals Offer All-Star First Baseman $147 Million Deal
- Royals All-Star First Baseman Reportedly Heading to San Diego
- Mustang Awarded Pitcher Of The Week
- Unusually warm weather causes Japanese Beetle Boom
- Royals Release 2018 Schedule
- Royals Trio Decline Qualifying Offers