BREAKING NEWS Positive COVID-19 cases a local retirement home tripled in one week Full Story
BREAKING NEWS Andrew County Health Department reports first coronavirus related death Full Story

SJFD Battles Early Morning House Fire

The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 12:37 PM
Updated: Dec 22, 2017 8:43 AM

The St. Joseph Fire Department battled a structure fire at a home early Thursday morning.

The house fire happened at 607 N. 12th street at 7 a.m.

No injuries from the fire were reported but the family's dog passed away.

SJFD says the home suffered significant fire, smoke and water damage but they say the situation could have been a lot worse and wants the public to be aware of the seriousness of space heaters when not properly used.

"Space heaters are never a good thing when you use brown and white extension cords. You are begging for a fire if you use those extension cords," SJFD Battalion Chief Russell Moore said.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

Saint Joseph
Clear
71° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 71°
Maryville
Clear
71° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 71°
Savannah
Clear
71° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 71°
Cameron
Scattered Clouds
70° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 70°
Fairfax
Clear
70° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 70°
Tuesday we had overcast skies for much of the day across northeast Kansas and northwest Missouri until the afternoon when we cleared out across the area. We will see a few more clouds late tonight into tomorrow morning then have lots of sunshine along with hot and humid conditions.
KQTV Radar
KQTV Temperatures
KQTV Alerts

Community Events