(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A St. Joseph School District teacher faces sex charges involving a student.
Cole Charboneau, 27, is charged with 1st degree statutory sodomy with a child under 14 years of age.
The district confirmed it was notified late Friday that Charboneau was arrested and charged for allegedly having an inappropriate relationship with a child.
Superintendent Dr. Robert Newhart said the district learned of the accusation on Nov. 17 and immediately contacted Missouri's Family Support Division and placed Charboneau on paid administrative leave.
Charboneau remained on leave during the investigation. He was a teacher at Eugene Field Elementary.
Newhart said the district is fully cooperating with the St. Joseph Police Department during the investigation.
Charboneau was jailed on a $50,000 bond.
- SJSD Teacher Charged with Sex Crime Involving Student
- Sex crime charges dropped against former SJSD teacher, prosecutor plans to refile
- Charges against former SJSD teacher refiled
- SJSD teacher earns national honor
- Teacher Charged with Sex Crime Appears in Court
- SJSD Students awarded unique seal
- New SJSD teachers prep for success
- SJSD teachers awarded Apple Seed Grants
- Cameron teacher pleads not guilty to sex crimes
- Court Documents Reveal New Information in Teacher Sex Crime Case