(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) As children get ready for trick-or-treating fun, members of the St. Joseph Safety Council has some tips to share.
They advise little ones should always travel in groups with parents, other adults or siblings. they also encourage easily visible costumes so that kids can be seen by drivers as they trick-or-treat.
"Encourage them to be safe around traffic and other elements that are present." John Christensen, St. Joseph Safety Council said.
Christensen also recommended parents make sure kids can see through their masks if applicable.
- Safety Council shares Halloween safety tips
- Safety Tips for Fourth of July Celebrations
- Safety tips for ringing in 2019
- Halloween Express: Last Minute Costume Tips
- Fire Experts Stress Safety Tips During Prevention Week
- Highway Patrol Offers Safety Tips For Driving on Black Ice
- Cold Water Safety
- Council Votes to Negotiate Salary Increase with Public Safety Departments
- Council hears budget requests from public safety groups
- Plumbers Share Tips to Prevent Frozen Pipes