(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)— In this week's Salute the Badge, Buchanan County Deputy Sheriff Dennis Yager used his training to save two people.
"We're first responders for the medical part, not just the enforcement part," Yager said.
Yager was called out to two different incidents— one was a man getting sliced with a chainsaw and the other was to help a woman who was caught in a meat grinder.
Yager said any of his brothers on the force would have jumped into action as well.
- Salute the Badge: Deputy's quick thinking helps save two people
- Quick-thinking helps save man's life after heart attack
- Salute the Badge: Highway Patrol works to ensure public safety during snowstorm
- Free clinic helps people fight the flu
- Preservationists hope moratorium will help save city's history
- Dozens of beachgoers helped save a pod of beached whales
- More people seeking help to pay winter heating bills
- A deputy pulled over a car for speeding. That traffic stop saved a 12-day-old baby's life
- Businesses Hope Customers Think Local This Cyber Monday
- Pantone thinks this color will be your shade in 2019