(PLATTE COUNTY, Mo.) A Savannah man was killed in a crash in rural Platte County on Tuesday.
According to a Facebook post from the Platte County Sheriff's Office, the crash happened around 2:42 p.m. at the intersection of Missouri 92 and Missouri 45.
Jeffrey Swan, 59, of Agency, Mo., was driving a Ford Mustang east on Missouri 92, when he stopped in traffic and was waiting to make a left turn.
Thomas Kennedy, 52, of Leavenworth, Kan., was driving a Ford F-550 when he came up behind Swan's car and rear ended it.
Randy Dudley, 42, of Savannah, Mo. was a passenger in Swan's car. Dudley was pronounced dead on scene.
Swan was transported to North Kansas City Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, while Kennedy refused any medical treatment.
Authorities reported that all three people were wearing their seat belts.
The accident is now under investigation by the Platte County Shriff's Office Crash Team.
- Savannah man killed in rural Platte County crash
- Savannah man injured in Tuesday morning crash
- Platte City Teenager Killed in Single Vehicle Crash
- Savannah man seriously injured in Andrew County crash
- Platte City woman killed in I-70 pileup
- Man arrested for DWI following crash in rural Nodaway county
- Two killed in US 71 crash near Savannah
- 80-year-old woman killed in Platte County crash, 2-month-old also injured
- Sheriff identifies victims in fatal train, car collision as Savannah, Platte City residents
- Platte County Sheriff's Office Investigates Armed Robbery