Photo Gallery 2 Images
(AMAZONIA, Mo.) The search for a missing person has been suspended due to the weather Saturday afternoon. Troopers have been searching the area for the person near the Nodaway Island Access point.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, troopers are searching a two-mile stretch of the river from the access point to where an unoccupied boat was discovered on Friday.
Troopers were initially called Friday after a truck and trailer were discovered near the boat ramp. Once troopers arrived, a running truck and a trailer in the water was discovered. The discovery came after a call that occurred at 11:00 a.m. Friday.
The special water operations team was deployed by MSHP's Troop H and an additional team from Troop A came to assist with the operations. The Missouri Department of Conservation is also involved with the search.
As of Saturday afternoon, officials are not releasing the name of the individual who is missing.
Stay with KQ2 for updates on this story.
- UPDATE: Search suspended due to weather
- Missouri State High School Track Championships suspended due to Jefferson City tornado damage
- Property Tax Payments Due
- Schools to Start Late Due to Cold Weather
- CLOSINGS: Check Full List of Closings Due to Winter Weather
- Winter Weather Advisory In Effect Due to Tuesday's Snow
- St. Joseph School Year Extended Due to Winter Weather
- SJSD to dismiss 1 hour early Wednesday due to weather
- MoDOT recommending limited travel Saturday night due to wintry weather
- Chiefs Suspend Marcus Peters for One Game