(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A local organization is once again challenging the public to raise money to feed the hungry.
St. Joseph's America's Second Harvest kicked off its annual fund drive Thursday afternoon.
This is the 37th year the food bank has served northwest Missouri and now teams up with 100 partner agencies in 19 counties in the fight to end hunger.
Thier programs include backpack buddies, senior boxes and the fresh mobile pantry.
"This kind of helps us make sure that we are getting out to the community and sharing things we have going on to help kind of build that continuous support to help move our organization forward," CEO Second Harvest Chad Higdon said.
This year's annual fund goal is $650,000.
Higdon believes they will be able to make goal. If you would like to make a pledge or donation, call 816-364-FOOD.
- Second Harvest Hosts 37th Annual Fund Drive
- 37th annual Oktoberfest held in Atchison
- Second Harvest hosts Mega Mobile
- First responders host food drive
- Second Harvest gets $50,000 donation
- Salvation Army holds annual toy drive
- UCP to Host 32nd Annual Chili Challenge
- Mustangs to Host Annual Fan Fest
- Pony Express Museum hosts annual Pumpkinfest
- Chamber of Commerce hosts annual banquet