(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) North American Savings Bank gave Second Harvest Community Food Bank a $50,000 donation Thursday morning.
'We know that there are a lot of great organizations out there and that is a large amount of money so it's a big decision," said st. Joseph Second Harvest CEO Chad Higdon. "For them to support the work we are doing it really means a lot to us."
Second Harvest provides meals for the food insecure in northwest Missouri. This year alone, the non-profit has served 39,000 people.
"They [NASB] said they wanted the money to be focused on kids and most of our programs already do that so this money will really go a long way for us," said Higdon.
NASB has been donating to Second Harvest since 2014. Over the past five years, NASB has donated $225,000 to the non-profit.
- Second Harvest gets $50,000 donation
- Second Harvest donates food to federal employees
- Second Harvest accepting donations during Chiefs Training Camp Saturday
- Second Harvest donates 900 Thanksgiving meals to local families
- Lathrop woman wins $50,000 Missouri Lottery prize
- Second Harvest hosts Mega Mobile
- Chiefs fans give back to community during Second Harvest Donation Day
- HyVee donates 1,000 lbs. of Peanut Butter to Second Harvest Food Bank
- Thieves steal 50,000 apples from an Indiana orchard
- Japan Airlines is giving away 50,000 free plane tickets