(ATCHISON, Ks.) A second teen has now died after a car crashed into a creek in Atchison, Kansas over the weekend.
16-year-old Regan Moger, of Houston, Texas, passed away Tuesday from injuries she suffered in the crash.
Her death comes one day after 16-year-old Zachary Armontrout, of Rushville, passed away.
The Kansas Highway Patrol reports that Armontrout was driving on River Road in Atchison Sunday when his vehicle crashed through a guardrail at the Independence Bridge and landed upside down in a creek.
Three other teens were able to escape from the vehicle but authorities said Armontrout and Moger were trapped inside and had to be rescued from the submerged vehicle.
The three other passengers were identified as 14-year-old Hamilton Snyder, of Whittier, California, 16-year-old Phillip Saragusa, of Atchison, and 14-year-old Aurora Dericotte, of Stillwell, Kansas.
All five are students at Maur Hill-Mount Academy Catholic High School in Atchison.
- Second teen dies in Atchison creek crash
- Atchison, Kan. woman killed in ATV crash
- UPDATE: Teen driver dies in Kansas creek crash, 4 others hospitalized
- Atchison police identify suspected shooter
- Arrest made in Atchison shooting
- 2 Dead in Hwy. 59 Crash Near Atchison
- Atchison Co., Kansas Sheriff's Department investigating small plane crash
- Crash kills Stanberry teen
- New YMCA Opens in Atchison,KS
- New Lt. Governor Makes Stop In Atchison