(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The St. Joseph Police Department are investigating a possible threat directed at Central High School Tuesday.
According to a press release, the St. Joseph School District received a notification from police on a vague threat on social media regarding Central.
The district received a screenshot of the message shared on Snapchap and other social media sites.
The message said "Be ready central high school, F*** you."
Police are still investigating the source of the message and if it is credible.
The district stated that it "takes student safety seriously and as a precaution, police will have an increased presence at the school."
They also encourage to notify principals or law enforcement if you see something suspicious.
Any questions regarding the investigation should be directed to the police.
- Security Increased After School District Receives Possible Threat
- SJSD decides to increase school security
- Summer school enrollment increases for St. Joseph School District
- Savannah School District responds to threat made at middle school
- St. Joseph School District Sees Increase in ACT Scores
- Voters to decide tax levy increase for Savannah School District
- Severe Weather Threat Continues to Increase
- High School District Basektball Finals
- Council backs school district levy
- SJSD Board of Education discusses out-of-district tuition increase