(DEARBORN, Mo.) Employees at the Dearborn Trex Mart Convenience Store located just off I-29 got quite the surprise after a semi truck plowed into the side of the building.
The accident happened just after 3 p.m. Friday afternoon.
The Platte County Sheriff's Department said the truck was parked at a gas pump when the vehicle came out of gear and rolled into the building.
The semi truck hit the north side of the building where the Subway restaurant is located.
The semi driver was inside of the store at the time of the accident. The Sheriff's department said no injuries were reported.
The convenience store will remain open while repairs are made. However, the Subway restaurant will be closed until further notice.
- Semi Truck Plows into Side of Dearborn Trex Mart
- SJPD investigating shooting on King Hill Avenue in Trex Mart area
- Local WWII veterans honored in Dearborn
- No injuries reported after semi-truck flips on its side on I-29
- Semi-truck driver life-flighted after ejected from truck
- UPDATE: Authorities searching for 12-year-old Dearborn, Mo. child
- Civic Center Arena hosts Holiday Mart
- City plows through snow removal budget
- MoDOT plows tackle roads after snowstorm
- Train crashes into two semi trucks; no injuries