(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) - United States Senator Claire McCaskill spoke in St. Joseph on Saturday.
Senator McCaskill made the stop Saturday morning on the 8th day of her trip around the state. The democratic incumbent discussed the impact tariffs are having on Missouri's farmers, ranchers, and manufacturers.
McCaskill says that the Trump Administration's decision to add tariffs to imported goods for countries like China have caused a negative impact on the state.
“You never impose a fee on other countries without them coming back." McCaskill said. "It’s like if a bully walks into the bar and punches somebody in the nose, guess what happens, he gets punched back. And that’s what’s going on right now.”
McCaskill went on to discuss the impacts on manufacturing as well.
A crowd of nearly 30 people welcomed the senator.
Perry Seaton, of Kansas City, made the trip to St. Joseph. And says that he would like to see McCaskill discuss her future plans.
“You are running for office, but when you win, then you got another whole agenda of what is now." Seaton said. "So, what are you going to do in 2019?”
Claire McCaskill will face off against Missouri Attorney General, Josh Hawley, in November's general election.
- Senator Claire McCaskill visits St. Joseph
- Sen. Claire McCaskill votes in midterm election
- Chris Wallace visits St. Joseph
- Hawley defeats McCaskill in U.S. Senate race
- Persisterhood Pushes for McCaskill
- Descendant of Joseph Robidoux Visits St. Joseph
- Sen. McCaskill Visits Maryville During Town Hall Meeting
- Governor Greitens to Visit St. Joseph
- Hurts Donut Company visits St. Joseph
- Governor Parson visits 139th Airlift Wing during St. Joseph visit