(BUCHANAN COUNTY, Mo.) A vehicle was hit and dragged by a train in southern Buchanan County Monday morning after officers say the driver fell asleep at the wheel.
According to Buchanan County Sheriff Bill Puett, the crash happened after the driver drove his vehicle through the intersection of Hwy. 59 and Hwy. 45 and on to the railroad tracks near the intersection. The driver then woke up and attempted to drive off the tracks to avoid an incoming train but was unsuccessful. The train then collided with the vehicle and dragged it northbound.
The car then rolled after the train came to a stop.
The driver of the vehicle was able to walk away from the crash with no injuries.
- Sheriff: Driver falls asleep, car struck by train near Atchison, Kansas
- Atchison Co., Kansas Sheriff's Department investigating small plane crash
- Driver Taken to Hospital After Falling Asleep on I-29
- Driver falls asleep, crashes into wall outside former Geiger Mansion
- Two people killed after train collides with car in rural Atchison County, Kansas
- Atchison, Kansas man sentenced for trafficking meth
- Flooding closes Hwy. 59 near Atchison, Kansas
- 1 injured in shooting in Atchison, Kansas
- Highway 59 reopens into Atchison, Kansas
- Storms leave widespread damage in Atchison, Kansas