(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) People with unwanted prescription drugs now have another place to get rid of them.
The Buchanan County Sheriff's Department recently installed a drop-box in the lobby for unused medications.
"The amount of prescription drugs that sit out there and are available that can be accessed and abused is concerning. So we wanted to give a safe, lawful way just to get rid of them," said Buchanan County Sheriff Bill Puett.
A second drop-box will be installed at the Drug Strike Force office next month.
- Sheriff's Department installs prescription drug drop box
- Prescription Drug Take Back Set for Saturday
- Sheriff's prescription dropbox overflowing, less than a month old
- Event allows for safe disposal of prescription drugs
- More than 350 pounds of prescription drugs collected in weekend drug take back event
- Sheriff's Department to Receive New K-9 Units
- Elementary Students Greet New Sheriff's Department K-9s
- Final Piece in Sculpture Walk Installed
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Department Talks Low Pay & Recruiting New Deputies
- Atchison Co., Kansas Sheriff's Department investigating small plane crash