(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Mental health professionals will be training during a conference this weekend in St. Joseph.
Mid City Excellence is hosting the event that will key on suicide prevention and focus on giving parents and other kids tips on what to look out for in children who might be depressed.
Experts say that 40 million Americans are affected by depression and has become an even larger problem for younger people who might have less access to psychologists, social workers and counselors.
Trainings are scheduled for Friday and Saturday at Mid City Excellence's Community Center.
- Mid City Excellence to Host Event for Suicide Prevention
- MidCity Center Hosts Suicide Prevention Workshop
- Mid-City Center Host Let Freedom Sing Talent Show
- Walk sheds light on suicide prevention
- MidCity Excellence rolls out new initiative
- MidCity Excellence loses 50 percent of funding
- Mosaic to host breast cancer awareness event
- Cameron Grad Melia Richardson Excelling for Western Women's Hoops
- Mid-Buchanan Sweeps KCI Tournament Championships
- Mid-Buchanan, Maryville Nab Wins Wednesday Night