Saturday marked the 90 year anniversary of the invention of sliced bread. Chillicothe, the home of sliced bread, hosted a day-long event that celebrated the invention.
On July 7, 1928, the Chillicothe Baking Company became the first commercial bakery in the world to sell bread that was sliced with a machine. In honor of that, a full day of festivities filled downtown.
The day began with a french toast breakfast and 5k run. The rest of the activities included a parade, bread contest, bluegrass festival, and evening fireworks.
For organizers and the people of Chillicothe, this event was a great way to celebrate this slice of Missouri history.
- Sliced Bread Day in Chillicothe
- State representatives push for recognition of sliced bread
- Chillicothe Hosts Holiday Expo
- Chillicothe uproots historic church
- Flooding closes roadways near Chillicothe
- Chillicothe Football Coach Phil Willard Retires
- Benton, Chillicothe Grab Conference Wins Thursday
- High Winds Cause Damage in Chillicothe
- 3 charged in Chillicothe railroad bridge fire
- Crash kills 80-year old man near Chillicothe