(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The City of St. Joseph Health Department is hosting a free flu shot clinic.
The clinic will be held at the REC Center, 2701 SW Parkway in St. Joseph on Wednesday, October 10 from 8:30 a.m. until noon or while supplies last.
The shots are open to anyone 18 and older who lives in Buchanan County.
Health officials recommend everyone six months and older to get a flu shot. This year's flu vaccine is designed to protect against four different flu viruses.
An estimated 80,000 Americans died of flu and its complications last winter, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The flu also killed 180 young children last year. Additionally, the nation experienced a record-breaking estimated 900,000 hospitalizations last flu season.
- St. Joseph Health Department to hold free flu clinic
- St. Joseph Health Dept. to Host Free Flu Shot Clinic
- Doniphan County Health Department to hold flu vaccine clinics
- Health Department administers over 250 vaccines during free flu clinic event
- St. Joseph Clinic Offers Free Flu Shots in Exchange for Toys
- City of St. Joseph to host free flu clinic next week
- Flu Virus 'Infects' St. Joseph
- Free clinic helps people fight the flu