A new smartphone app has just made it a lot easier to dine out in St. Joseph.
MenuHunt helps customers connect with several local restaurants by providing business information as well as ordering and paying options all in one convenient spot.
Through the app, you can:
- Find menus and business hours.
- Order your food for takeout (or delivery, if the restaurant provides that option).
- Order your food in advance of dining in, so the meal will be ready to eat upon arrival.
- Pay for your food.
- Request payment from friends for group ordering.
MenuHunt founder Beau Clinton said he thought of the idea a few years back when he was a student at Missouri Western State University. With the help of his professor-turned-app-programmer, they created MenuHunt.
Clinton said the group ordering feature was the reason for wanting to make the app a reality.
"Being able to place orders with your friends but being able to pay separately. Instead of having all those "IOUs" that really you never ever get back," Clinton said.
The app is an obvious convenience for the consumer, but Clinton said trying to help the local restaurants was also a huge part of their vision.
"Nothing against the North Shoppes or anything like that, but it seems like the only restaurants people think about are up north," Clinton said. "People don't think about the 30 plus restaurants we have right here in St. Joe."
Local restaurants like Jake's Steakhouse and Sports Bar, First Ward House and Big Sky Donuts have already hopped on the MenuHunt train. Clinton said he's in the process of working with a few more local restaurant owners to get on the App, like Not Just Desserts (formerly Just Desserts by Mom).
Not Just Desserts co-founder Tracy McCrea said she's excited to join the App and thinks it will take off.
"You know a lot of times we're busy with our food prep and things for lunch. It will be nice for someone else to get on their phone and order," McCrea said. "It will definitely be a change for us. But it's very exciting to know that we're going to be able to have that extra exposure."
The app is currently only available for iPhone but Clinton said they are working on creating an app for Androids as well.
Clinton said he has held off on the advertising side for the App because he is waiting for more restaurants to join before he puts it out in the public.
If you are interested in joining MenuHunt or learning more about it, you can visit their website here.
- St. Joseph Man Invents "MenuHunt" App for Food Ordering Convenience
- Precautionary Boil Order Lifted for Areas South of St. Joseph
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- St. Joseph man charged with statutory sodomy
- Missing St. Joseph Man Located Safe
- Descendant of Joseph Robidoux Visits St. Joseph
- Convenience Store Robbed Friday Night
- Magicians Converge on St. Joseph
- Fall Colors of St. Joseph