(KANSAS CITY, Mo.) A St. Joseph man has been sentenced today in federal court for attempting to distribute child pornography over the internet.
Jesse James Gaudette, 40, was sentenced to seven years and six months in federal prison without parole by U.S. District Judge Brian C. Wimes. Gaudette was also sentenced to 10 years of supervised release following his incarceration.
According to court documents, on June 6, 2017, Gaudette pleaded guilty to attempting to distribute child pornography over the internet.
Undercover law enforcement officers in New Haven, Connecticut identified Gaudette's computer utilizing a peer-to-peer file-sharing network. While working undercover, the officer observed Gaudette sharing videos and images of child pornography.
At least 109 movie files were downloaded from Gaudette's computer on three separate occasions, including movies that were particularly graphic and involved child victims who were very young.
Federal agents executed a search warrant at Gaudette’s residence and seized electronic media. The examination of Gaudette’s electronic media established that Gaudette had no less than 50 videos containing child pornography.
This case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Catherine A. Connelly. It was investigated by the FBI.
This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse.
Led by the United States Attorneys' Offices and the Criminal Division's Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state, and local resources to locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who sexually exploit children, and to identify and rescue victims.
For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit www.usdoj.gov/psc .
For more information about Internet safety education, please visit www.usdoj.gov/pscand click on the tab "resources."
- St. Joseph Man Sentenced to Seven Years in Federal Prison for Child Pornography
- Former St. Joseph scout leader sentenced for distributing child pornography
- St. Joseph man charged with possession of child pornography
- Polo man charged with possessing child pornography
- Former Cameron teacher facing federal charges for producing child pornography
- St. Joseph man sentenced to 10 years in prison for 2017 gas station robbery
- St. Joseph man sentenced to 10 years for illegal firearm
- Two St. Joseph Men Sentenced for Child Sex Crimes
- St. Joseph home health care aide sentenced to 5 years in prison for $207,000 fraud scheme
- Cameron teacher charged with possessing child pornography