(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) More than 25 area restaurants will offer specials and discounts in St. Joseph's first-ever Restaurant Week, from Friday, Feb. 21 through Sunday, March 1.
The event will include a mix of longtime local favorites, including Boudreaux's Louisiana Seafood & Steaks, and brand new spots like Huckleberry's on Frederick Avenue.
Restaurant owners say they are hoping the event will get people out of their routine and try something new with locally owned businesses.
Some establishments have developed a special menu for the week. For example, Huckleberry's will offer a limited edition Short Rib Bahn Mi Special that includes Braised Short Ribs, Pickles, Jalapenos, herb slaw and mole sauce on an Italian roll.
Organizers say the goal of restaurant week is to boost business during a traditionally slow time of year in the industry, said Kristi Bailey, spokesperson for the St. Joseph Chamber of Commerce.
St. Joseph Restaurant Week is organized by the Chamber of Commerce and Joe Town Fun.
Participating restaurants are:
- Adam's Bar & Grill
- Big Sky Donuts
- Café Pony Espresso
- Cardinal Country Bakery
- Country Club
- D&G Pub & Grub
- East Hills Shopping Center
- Experience Room 108
- Felix Street Gourmet
- Fredrick Inn
- Gold 'n Glaze
- Hi-Ho Bar & Grill
- Hoof 'n Horn
- Jake's Steakhouse
- Luna's Fine Dining at the Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art
- Marco Polo
- Planet Sub
- Simple Simon's
- St. Jo Frontier Casino
- Texas Roadhouse
- St. Joseph Prepares for the First Annual Restaurant Week
- Longtime St. Joseph restaurant closing its doors next week
- First ever Restaurant Week kicks off in St. Joseph
- St. Joseph chamber of commerce announces restaurants participating in first ever Restaurant Week
- Kitchen fire breaks out at St. Joseph pizza restaurant
- St. Joseph bars, restaurants ordered closed due to Coronavirus
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- St. Joseph celebrates pride
- Annual fruit sale underway for St. Joseph Lions Club