(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A local artist is helping one business keep the old west alive.
Larry Knapp is the man behind the famous Old West Facade at the St. Joe Boot Company in town.
Knapp orignally made the side mural and old west signs at the entrance back in 1983. Over the last 35 years, he comes back to either re-touch or update it.
Many say Knapp's work is amazing and one of the best art works they've ever seen. Knapp told us he just enjoys doing it.
"We'll that's part of St. Joe's history and the area we live in. There's a lot of unqiue stories in the St. Joe area with the Jesse James theme. It just kind of fits right in here," Knapp said.
Knapp says he tries to touch up the old west facade at St. Joe boot about every ten years. After this current round, he thinks he has another three or more rounds left in him.
- St. Joseph Artist Keeping the Old West Alive through Art
- St. Joseph celebrates Trails West
- Missouri Arts Council meets in St. Joseph
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- Descendant of Joseph Robidoux Visits St. Joseph
- Magicians Converge on St. Joseph
- Fall Colors of St. Joseph
- Flu Virus 'Infects' St. Joseph
- St. Joseph Primary Election Results