(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A 54-year-old man is charged for sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 14 several times over the last five years.
According to court documents, Paul Shelton, of St. Joseph, is charged with first-degree satutory rape.
Court documents state the first incident happened in Shelton's shed behind his residence on September 8, 2016. The last reported incident was May 11, 2019.
Shelton has previous convictions for armed criminal action, first-degree assault, non-support and tampering with a motor vehicle.
His bond was set at $20,000.
- St. Joseph man charged for sexually assaulting girl over five years
- St. Joseph Man Charged with Assaulting 2 Deputies
- St. Joseph police officer charged with domestic assault
- St. Joseph man charged with statutory sodomy
- Man Arrested Following Abduction, Sexual Assault Investigation
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- St. Joseph celebrates pride
- St. Joseph man gets 4 years probation in sodomy case
- St. Joseph man sentenced to 10 years for illegal firearm