(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)— A St. Joseph man has been charged with resisting arrest stemming from a car chase early Monday morning.
Prosecutors have charged 53-year-old Norman A. Mayhew with a felony of resisting/interfering with an arrest.
According to a probable cause statement, police attempted to stop Mayhew on Frederick Avenue and Noyes Boulevard around 3 a.m. Monday. Police said Mayhew began to stop his vehicle before taking off at a high rate of speed through several intersections.
Mayhew was later found and arrested, according to court documents.
The probable cause statement said Mayhew did have an active warrant for failure to appear.
Mayhew's bond is set at $10,000 cash.
- St. Joseph man charged in Monday morning police chase
- St. Joseph man charged with statutory sodomy
- Car crashes into power poles in St. Joseph Monday morning
- Vacant home catches fire in south St. Joseph Monday morning
- Three arrested after fleeing, shooting at man in St. Joseph early Monday morning
- Police: Two people stabbed in St. Joseph Thursday morning
- Driver charged after fleeing from police causing crash in St. Joseph Monday
- St. Joseph Man Dies in Early Morning Crash
- St. Joseph police officer charged with domestic assault
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations