(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)— A St. Joseph man is getting probation after pleading guilty to statutory sodomy.
Buchanan County Circuit Court Judge David Bolander sentenced 48-year-old Jay Summers Monday to five years in the Department of Corrections. Bolander suspended the sentence and gave Summers four years of probation.
Summers was accused of having sexual contact with a minor under the age of 17.
Summers pleaded guilty to the charges in January and was released on bond.
- St. Joseph man gets 4 years probation in sodomy case
- St. Joseph man charged with statutory sodomy
- Prosecutor, judge respond to questions surrounding sentence in sodomy case
- Worth County man arrested for sex trafficking, sodomy, and kidnapping
- Man found guilty of child sex abuse and sodomy charges
- St. Joseph man sentenced in Doniphan County murder case
- St. Joseph man sentenced to 10 years for illegal firearm
- St. Joseph man sentenced to 7 years for child porn
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate