(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)— A St. Joseph man is getting probation after pleading guilty to statutory sodomy.
Buchanan County Circuit Court Judge David Bolander sentenced 48-year-old Jay Summers Monday to five years in the Department of Corrections. Bolander suspended the sentence and gave Summers four years of probation.
Summers was accused of having sexual contact with a minor under the age of 17.
Summers pleaded guilty to the charges in January and was released on bond.
- St. Joseph man gets 4 years probation in sodomy case
- St. Joseph man charged with statutory sodomy
- Man sentenced to 19 years for sodomy of 12-year-old
- Platte County Man Sentenced to 30 Years for Statutory Sodomy
- Prosecutor, judge respond to questions surrounding sentence in sodomy case
- St. Joseph man sentenced in Doniphan County murder case
- Worth County man arrested for sex trafficking, sodomy, and kidnapping
- Man found guilty of child sex abuse and sodomy charges
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate