(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) St. Joseph police are investigating the shooting death of a 28-year-old man as a homicide.
Police said a suspect is in custody, however, charges have yet to be filed.
The body of Clifford York was discovered last Wednesday in the backyard of a home.
Police said York died of a single gunshot wound.
Officers were called around 1:00 p.m. to a home at 921 N. 13th Street after an area resident discovered York's body.
York's death marks the city's fifth homicide investigation of 2018.
- St. Joseph police investigating shooting death as homicide, suspect in custody
- St. Joseph Police investigate overnight shooting
- Police investigate woman's death at St. Joseph shelter
- 29-year-old shot in St. Joseph Monday, suspect in custody
- St. Joseph police investigate shooting at East Hills Mall
- Police investigate 2 separate shootings in St. Joseph
- Police searching for suspect in south St. Joseph shooting
- St. Joseph police investigate explosion in manhole
- Stabbing death leads to homicide investigation
- Clinton Shooting Suspect had Criminal Charges in St. Joseph