(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A St. Joseph police officer who is being accused of dragging and injuring a woman on Sunday plead not guilty to his charge in a Buchanan County courtroom Wednesday morning.
Strader appeared in front of Judge Rebecca Spencer and stood silent as a not guilty plea was entered on his behalf. Strader has not yet hired an attorney.
Officer Ron T. Strader was charged with a class A misdemeanor of domestic assault in the 4th degree after witnesses told police that Strader dragged a woman and injured her nose, knees, and elbows.
RELATED STORY: St. Joseph police officer charged with domestic assault
Strader is a 17-year veteran with the police department and has been relieved all police authority pending the outcome of the case.
Strader will next appear in court on October 10 at 1:30 p.m.
- St. Joseph police officer pleads not guilty in domestic assault case
- St. Joseph police officer charged with domestic assault
- St. Joseph woman pleads guilty to assaulting infant child while living overseas
- St. Joseph man pleads guilty to molesting child
- Former St. Joseph Resident Pleads Guilty in Federal Court
- Member of violent St. Joseph gang pleads guilty to racketeering
- St. Joseph man pleads guilty to possession of child pornography
- Community Honors Retired St. Joseph Police Officer at Benefit Dinner
- Man pleads guilty to robbing bank in St. Joseph, Kansas City
- Man pleads guilty to involuntary manslaughter in fatal crash in St. Joseph