(DAVIESS COUNTY, Mo.) The Missouri State Highway Patrol is investigating after an officer-involved shooting Monday morning in Daviess County near Pattonsburg.
Investigators said the shooting involved a trooper.
According to the Highway Patrol, the trooper spotted a vehicle on I-35 matching the description of a vehicle used in a theft at a home in Ridgeway, Mo. earlier in the morning.
The trooper attempted to stop the suspect but the vehicle exited off the Interstate before crashing into a ditch.
Troopers say the driver then fled on foot and opened fire on the trooper. The trooper fired back striking the suspect.
The suspect was taken to the hospital. The extent of the injuries are not known at this time.
The trooper was not hurt.
A passenger in the vehicle also fled the scene but was taken into custody.
- State Trooper Shoots Suspect
- Trooper celebrates 25 years of service
- Troopers: Group of citizens subdued inmate following shooting of Trenton Officer
- Suspect charged in deadly midtown shooting
- LATEST: Police searching for shooting suspect
- Suspect charged in officer-involved shooting incident
- Suspect charged in Washington Street shooting
- Suspect charged in shooting of Trenton Officer
- Former Trooper Helps Companies Prepare for Active Shooter Situations
- Troopers warn of dangers after man killed helping stranded driver