ST. JOSEPH, Mo.
A rivalry takes center stage at the MWSU Fieldhouse on Wednesday night, as Missouri Western takes on Northwest in a doubleheader starting at 5:30 p.m.
For the Western women, they have a difficult task ahead of them. Stopping Northwest senior forward Tanya Meyer.
Meyer has been a thorn in the side of the Griffons since her arrival at Northwest. Last season, she combined to score 53 points in two games against the Griffons.
In 2017, she's averaging 15.4 points and corraling 9.9 rebounds a game.
"We've never done a good job on Tanya," Western head coach Rob Edmission said. "She's always puts up some career type numbers against us so we'll have to continue to plan and scheme to make it hard for her, but we know when you play a rival game, you can throw the records out the window. It's all about energy and want to and our kids will be ready to play."
The women will tip things off at 5:30 at the MWSU Fieldhouse and the men will follow at 7:30 p.m.
- Stopping Tanya Meyer is Key for Griffon Women
- Griffon Softball Stays Hot
- From Griffon To Cardinal
- Griffon Baseball Gets Swept Thursday
- Clock Strikes Midnight For The Lady Griffons
- Griffon Baseball Coach Gets 541 Wins
- Griffon Softball's Winning Streak Ends After Split
- Griffon Baseball Earns Second Straight Victory Friday
- Griffon Softball Splits With Pittsburg State Tuesday
- Griffon Baseball Wins Again On The Road