(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The St. Joseph Streets Department is changing gears as they continue to clean-up from Wednesday's snow storm.
Crews are switching from plowing to salting secondary routes due to freezing conditions overnight.
Temperatures are expected to drop into the 20s overnight Thursday.
The city said plowing operations will resume as soon as possible.
- Street crews switch from plowing to salting to prevent freezing roads
- MoDOT plows tackle roads after snowstorm
- Water Main Break Freezes Road
- An Easy Winter Means a Small Demand for Road Salt
- Car wash urges drivers to remove road salt
- Road crews battle deteriorating road conditions
- Road crews battle blizzard's aftermath
- Freezing Rain & Slick Roads This Morning
- County road crew battle snow-covered roadways
- City plows through snow removal budget