(DONIPHAN COUNTY, Kan.) A student is in police custody following a threat made to student safety at Doniphan West Jr./Sr. High School, according to a post on the school district's Facebook page.
Over the weekend, the Doniphan West School District was made aware of the possible threat. The Highland Police Department has been alerted and is investigating the situation.
In a statement released by the district, officials say that student safety is a top priority.
"Student safety is the number one priority of the Doniphan West School District and takes all threats to student safety and school security very seriously. At this time, the school District is cooperating with local law enforcement on the investigation."
School officials declined to comment on the threat.
No other information is known about the threat made to the school district at this time.
- Student in custody following threat made to Doniphan West Junior/Senior High School
- Student Taken into Custody Following School Threat
- Police: Possible threat made towards Cameron High School, one arrested
- West Platte Athlete Competes In Junior Olympics
- Burn Ban Issued for Doniphan County, Kansas
- Mobile pantry comes to Doniphan county
- Hail, winds damage farms in Doniphan County
- Juvenile Taken into Custody After Threat was Made Against Local School
- North Platte Breaks Ground on New Junior High School
- Savannah School District responds to threat made at middle school