(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A survey shows 67 homes and 12 businesses were damaged by March floodwaters in Buchanan County and St. Joseph.
Buchanan County Emergency Management officials said Wednesday assessments show 3 homes have little damage, 21 have minor damage, 39 have major damage and four homes were destroyed.
Of the 12 businesses, six had minor damage and six had major damage.
Most of the homes affected did not have a basement and took on between 3-8 feet of water.
Officials inspected damage in St. Joseph, Lewis and Clark Village and Winthrop.
- Survey shows 67 homes, 12 businesses damaged by flood in Buchanan County and St. Joseph
- Evacuations lifted for St. Joseph, Buchanan County
- Senator Hawley surveying flood damage in Holt County Friday
- Fire destroys home, damages another in St. Joseph Saturday
- Electrical fire damages St. Joseph home Saturday afternoon
- Storms leave behind damage in St. Joseph
- Outreach Group Surveys Concerns of St. Joseph Residents
- Mandatory evacuations for parts of St. Joseph, Buchanan County, Doniphan County
- St. Joseph partakes in "Small Business Saturday"
- Gun show comes to St. Joseph