(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The suspect involved in an officer-involved shooting Thursday is now facing charges.
Phillip Hoyt, 42, has been charged with felony possession of firearm.
Officers were called to the 1300 block of Garfield yesterday evening on reports of one person threatening to kill another. According to police, when officers arrived at the scene they ordered the suspect to stop.
Police said officers shot Hoyt when he appeared to pull out a gun.
Hoyt was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The police officer involved in the shooting has not been identified.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol is now handling the investigation.
- Suspect charged in officer-involved shooting incident
- No charges in officer-involved shooting
- No Charges in Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting
- SJPD investigating shooting incident
- Two People Charged After Officer-Involved Shooting Monday
- No charges filed in fatal officer-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Man dies after officer-involved shooting
- Officers identified in officer-involved shooting in St. Joseph
- Suspect involved in standoff with police faces burglary charges
- Man Threatening Suicide Dies After Officer-Involved Shooting