(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Missouri State Highway Patrol has identified the suspect involved in an officer-involved shooting and crash that took place Friday on I-35 near Cameron.
The suspect has been identified as 26-year-old Julian Santiago-Cruz of Guadalupe Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Preliminary autopsy results show he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Santiago-Cruz is believed to have shot at occupants of two vehicles traveling northbound on I-35. Troopers responded to the area and located Santiago-Cruz's vehicle and after a short pursuit the suspect fired shots at the trooper who then returned fire. Santiago-Cruz's vehicle later traveled off the right side of the highway and overturned. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol's Division of Drug and Crime Control continues to investigate.
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting on I-35 near Cameron
- Suspect charged in officer-involved shooting incident
- Officers identified in officer-involved shooting in St. Joseph
- No Charges in Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting
- UPDATE: Man dies after officer-involved shooting
- No charges in officer-involved shooting
- Austin Bombing Suspect Identified
- Man identified in Saturday's fatal police-involved shooting
- Airshow in Cameron
- Governor Parson visits Cameron