According to a press release from the Trenton Police Department, on Tuesday, February 20 at approximately 12:30 p.m. a 2016 Ford F450 Grundy County Ambulance was stolen while it was parked at Wright Memorial Hospital in Trenton, Mo.
The ambulance was allegedly stolen by Bobby Morgans, 38 of Trenton, who had been seeking medical treatment at the hospital.
Morgans allegedly exited the emergency room, climbed into the ambulance and then drove away.
The ambulance was later recovered by the Grundy County Sheriff's Office in the southeastern part of the county.
Morgans was later located in the area of the ambulance and taken into custody by the Missouri State Highway Patrol and the Grundy County Sheriff's Office without incident.
Morgans has been charged in Grundy County with one felony count of stealing a motor vehicle and currently has a $15,000 bond.
Missouri Probation and Parole has issued a warrant for probation revocation with a $50,000 cash only bond.
- Suspect Charged After Stealing Grundy County Ambulance
- Man killed, woman injured in Grundy County crash
- Grundy Co. man sentenced for death of Chillicothe woman
- Ambulance Involved in Accident on Frederick Ave.
- Medicare Expiration Results in Extreme Cuts to Rural Ambulance Services
- Woman Charged for Stealing from "Toys for Tots" Foundation
- St. Joseph Woman Charged for Stealing Packages from Local Neighborhood
- Former School Employee Charged with Stealing Over $10,000 from PTA
- Two men charged after allegedly stealing car at gunpoint
- Suspect Charged in Fatal Hit-and-Run