(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)— The 14th annual Pound Plunge will run shorter this year—just eight weeks instead of 12.
New participants, as well as familiar faces, took part in the weigh-ins at East Hills Mall Wednesday.
"Perhaps they have a few extra pounds from the holidays that they want to lose," said Claire Clark, the Mosaic Life Care Community Health Planner. "We also have people repeating the program and they do it every year to keep themselves accountable."
The weekly weigh-ins will be Tuesday mornings from 6:30-8:30 at Mosaic Life Care at the St. Joseph Medical Center or on Wednesday's from 3:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. at East Hills Mall.
The final weigh-ins will take place on March 6.
- Weigh-ins kick off the 14th annual Pound Plunge
- Residents Take Part in First Weigh-in for Annual Pound Plunge
- Lions Club Annual Fruit Fundraiser Kicks-off
- Southside Fall Festival kicks off
- Symphony kicks off new season
- Festival kicks off Fall in Wathena
- Local Economist Weighs in on Trump's Tax Reform Plan
- Local law enforcement weighs in on school safety
- Prosecutor weighs in on crime at city Mayor's meeting
- Economics professor weighs in a minimum wage hike