(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Axe Factor sports venue in downtown St. Joseph opened its doors for the first time on Saturday afternoon.
Several people came to their grand opening to experience ax throwing, cornhole, bbq and more.
Staff said ax-throwing is a trend in entertainment options that started on the coasts and is now making its way to the midwest.
"It's just a great time to feel like you're doing something dangerous but it's safe," Matt Wieners, co-owner said. "The more people you have the better it is, you start getting those competitive juices going."
For more information on The Axe Factor click here.
- Ax throwing comes to St. Joseph with "The Axe Factor"
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- St. Joseph celebrates pride
- Descendant of Joseph Robidoux Visits St. Joseph
- Magicians Converge on St. Joseph
- Fall Colors of St. Joseph
- Flu Virus 'Infects' St. Joseph
- St. Joseph Primary Election Results
- St Joseph Beats the Heat