(PLATTSBURG, Mo.) No credible threat was found after school administrators investigated a threat written on a bathroom wall at the Plattsburg Middle School.
Clinton County R-III Superintendent Dr. Sandy Steggall said the threat was discovered this morning.
The nature of the threat was not disclosed.
An email sent to parents and staff stated the threat was immediately reported. Dr. Steggall said the situation was handled within five minutes at the beginning of the school day.
The email said administrators and law enforcement have spoken with the middle school student who wrote the threat but cannot discuss disciplinary matters due to student privacy laws.
The email said the district takes threats to the well-being of schools seriously and that the safety of students and staff is always their first priority.
- Threat Written in Bathroom of Plattsburg Middle School
- Boil advisory issued for Plattsburg
- Savannah School District responds to threat made at middle school
- Boil Advisory issued for parts of Plattsburg
- Faster broadband internet options coming to Plattsburg residents
- Whistleblower contact results in audit of potential fraud at Plattsburg Special Road District
- Police: No Threat to Central High School
- Student Taken into Custody Following School Threat
- Bode Middle School Students get 3D Intervactive Sandbox