(JEFFERSON CITY, Mo) The Missouri State Highway Patrol was busy during the 2018 Labor Day holiday weekend.
Across the state, troopers responded to 258 crashes that resulted in 92 injuries and 5 fatalities. Those numbers are down from last year's 313 crashes, 130 injuries and 11 fatalities.
Troopers also made 97 DWI arrests which is down from last year's 142.
On Missouri's waterways, troopers say there were 9 boating crashes resulting in 3 injuries. However, they say there were no fatalities or drownings.
In northwest Missouri, Troop H says they responded to 21 traffic crashes and 8 injuries over the holiday weekend.
They also made 5 DWI arrests and 12 drug arrests.
- MSHP reports only 5 roadway deaths during Labor Day Weekend
- MSHP reports 9 deaths over Christmas holiday
- MSHP reports 9 deaths during holiday travel period
- MSHP: 7 killed in traffic crashes, 1 boating death on Memorial Day weekend
- MSHP reports 3 fatalities from Friday's winter storm
- MSHP urging safety after recent heavy rain
- MSHP requests help with fatal crash
- MSHP urging safety during holiday celebrations
- MSHP conducts safety operation in Buchanan County
- MSHP preparing for 109th recruiting class