(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Tuesday night's tornado in Atchison County, Kansas has been rated an EF-1 by the National Weather Service.
The NWS Office in Kansas City/Pleasant Hill sent out a damage survey crew on Wednesday to areas near the city of Effingham where the tornado passed through.
After surveying the damage, the crew determined that the tornado had an estimated wind speed of 90 mph. It traveled for about 4.5 miles before dissipating.
There were no deaths or injuries reported from this tornado event.
The Enhanced Fujita Scale classifies tornadoes in the following categories:
EF5...Violent... greater than 200 mph
- NWS gives Tuesday's Effingham tornado EF-1 rating
- Tornado destroys abandoned home, damages farm north of Effingham
- Mound City tornado rated EF-0 with peak winds of 70 mph, according to NWS
- Tornado warning Tuesday evening
- NWS confirms cold air funnel, not tornado in Maryville Thursday evening
- Tornado Drill Taking Place Tuesday Morning
- Jefferson City tornado rated EF-3 by National Weather Service
- NWS releases storm spotter class schedule
- NWS explains what caused "dusty" raindrops
- Missouri and Kansas to conduct statewide tornado drill Tuesday