(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Missouri State Highway Patrol released a statement in regards to the officer-involved shooting in Daviess County on Monday, March 19.
According to the statement, two arrests have been made after an investigation into the shooting.
The driver of the suspect vehicle, Elmer Sorrell, 52, of High Ridge, Mo. was arrested on a Daviess County felony warrant for assault, armed criminal action, unlawful possession of a firearm, stealing a firearm, stealing $750 or more and resisting/interfering with arrest.
The passenger in the suspect vehicle, Lisa Legge, 55, of Washington, Mo. was arrested and charged with armed robbery, burglary and felony stealing.
According to a press release, the charges come from a home invasion that occurred in Ridgeway, Mo. in Harrison County.
On Monday, the Harrison County Sheriff's Department provided to the Highway Patrol the description of a vehicle involved in the invasion and advised the vehicle was last seen southbound on Interstate 35.
A trooper from the Missouri Highway Patrol spotted a vehicle matching the description given by the sheriff's department.
The trooper attempted to make a traffic stop on the vehicle, but the suspect exited I-35 and traveled westbound on Missouri Route N in Daviess County.
According to the Highway Patrol, the trooper was able to overtake the suspect vehicle and observed the car slide through the intersection of Route N and U.S. Highway 69 before it crashed into a ditch.
The preliminary investigation indicated the male driver, later identified as Sorrell and the passenger, Legge, fled the vehicle on foot.
The trooper began a foot pursuit before Sorrell allegedly fired shots at the trooper. The trooper returned fire and struck Sorrell who was then taken into custody.
Legge was taken into custody a short time later.
The Highway Patrol says that Sorrell is currently in stable condition and guarded at Liberty Hospital in Liberty, Mo.
Legge is currently being held at the Harrison County Sheriff's Department.
- Two People Charged After Officer-Involved Shooting Monday
- Suspect charged in officer-involved shooting incident
- No charges in officer-involved shooting
- Man charged in August officer-involved shooting
- No Charges in Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting
- No charges filed in fatal officer-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Man dies after officer-involved shooting
- Officers identified in officer-involved shooting in St. Joseph
- Officers will not face charges in August officer-involved shooting in St. Joseph
- Man Threatening Suicide Dies After Officer-Involved Shooting