(CUMMINGS, Kan.) One person is now confirmed dead following an accident at Cargill Ag., a grain facility located in Cummings, Kansas Friday morning.
Angel Silas Deleon, 26, from Logansport, Indiana, was part of a crew that was doing repair work at the facility when he and one other worker were reportedly electrocuted while inside a grain bin.
Atchison County Emergency Management Director Wes Lanter told MSC News that crews were called to the facility around 11:35 a.m.
Once on scene, they extricated the two workers.
Atchison County EMS and Atchison County Rescue were first to arrive on scene. The Atchison Fire Department also assisted at the scene.
No word on the condition of the other victim.
The Atchison County Sheriff's Office is investigating the incident.
- One dead after accident at Kansas grain facility
- Two Men Were Killed in a Grain Bin Accident in Wichita, Kan.
- 1 killed, 1 injured in northeast Kansas accident
- Man in standoff with northeast Kansas police found dead
- UPDATE: Missing Kansas City, Kansas woman found safe
- Atchsion, Kansas boil advisory rescinded
- UPDATE: Missouri duck boat accident leaves 17 dead, including children
- Kansas School Budget Continues to Take Hits
- Burn Ban Issued for Doniphan County, Kansas
- Kansas City Chiefs Finished Mandatory Minicamp